29 November

Tomorrow December – how the year has gone so incredibly fast.  The 45 anniversary of my needlepoint with all the events and special trips to celebrate –especially the two stitching retreats in Italy; the ninth in Calabria and the first in Tuscany – both of these are to be repeated in 2017 and there are just two places left for Tuscany – Calabria is full.

The truly lovely aspect of the anniversary was that I was able to reconnect with so many people that I had met and to hear that in almost every case they were still enjoying their needlepoint!
On it's way to the Framer..
However, my excuse for not blogging recently is that I have been finishing a pair of Rhino and Elephant canvases.  I have illustrated the Rhino in a previous blog but here shown as a pair is fun.  You may remember that the animals are painted and then all the borders are diagrammed for the stitcher to select their own threads and colour schemes.  

Deciding on my next project is always difficult so I am apt to fill in with something simple, a spec case or, as now with a bit of sharp needle repairs to a quilted jacket that needed some essential tlc. 
I also have a  pair of canvases  painted with elderflowers – I have always had memories of those bushes when  I lived in Norfolk and made elderflower sorbet but due shortly is the prototype of another della Robbia panel that will be the suggested design for the May trip to Tuscany – more details of this shortly.

Classes have gone well;  besides help with designing special projects people enjoy company and there is always a lively discussion as to books to read, films to see and television worth watching.  This week I have just been to the Opus Anglicanum exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum – an absolute must for anyone remotely interested in fine embroidery.
At my Open Day in June I offered a complimentary class and someone new won it; here is Ruth enjoying her day with a fellow student.

Class lists up till end of June are now available together with a special two day class for Christmas and Birthday Balls – would be happy to send you full details
Finally I believe that enjoying needlepoint makes one look at detail in a much more curious way, be it  items in churches or museums or colour schemes so I finish with a bowl of salad I threw together the other day – just loved the vibrant colours of the ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching in Italy

Needlepoint, your passport to a Magic Carpet

March Blog