Christmas is Coming!

The period before Christmas is frenetic, however the excitement of the children, homes all decorated, makes up for the cold weather, terrible traffic and dark evenings.
As a result, I am only writing a short blog which hopefully you might have time to read!
AS always I manage to stitch a little each day– I think it keeps me sane and anyway, I love every minute.

Two of my more zanier designs
Two new pieces to show you – first an additional panel for my leather clutch bag – over the years these purses in black leather have been popular as one can stitch panels to match different outfits. The new one cheers up many of my evening outfits and, better still, only took me an evening to complete;  seen here it was worked on 18 mesh black canvas with two shades of metallic.

So, if you have one of these bags, may be from way back when I taught panels on American Needlepoint Guild annual events in Scotsdale and somewhere else – so long ago I can’t remember exactly where get them out and start enjoying them again. Let me know if you would like to see the range of designs now available.

The other project, larger and bit more challenging are these Butterflies, hand-painted and worked in Shadow stitching on 14 mesh canvas. For the last few months I have been hooked on this technique of light, lacy stitches that show the canvas detail with a soft veil of stitchery worked on top. Of course, it would be equally good but very different in solid stitches such as basket weave.
I plan to include it on my web shortly in a new section – Hand-painted canvases.

I Also just delivered this lovely Queen Anne rug 7 mesh canvas and crewel wools, finished for a customer just in time for Christmas, If you have pieces that need finishing do let us know.
Remember this is your last chance to get the Early Bird Offer for our April - May trip to Tuscany, do email me before this Friday to secure your discount, there are only a few places left.
My best wishes for the holiday season and for a healthy, peaceful New Year.
A x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Needlepoint, your passport to a Magic Carpet

Stitching in Italy

March Blog