Stitching wilst the husband is enjoying The Masters Golf Tournament



As mentioned before the weekend I expressed the hope that, because of the back to back sport over the weekend I would get a great deal of stitching done and promised to share any progress!

Scheme II & III
Well, here is what I managed – finishing a third colourway of Tudor Rose and quite good progress on my Rhinoceros.  Some time ago I showed a ‘vide poche’ piece with Robert’s initials and multiply borders that I completed however I enjoyed working all the different borders so much that I vowed to follow the same idea and make it into a boxed cushion – so as to show the intricate border flat!


The Rhino is hand-painted from a woodcut by Durer (1515) and worked in Vineyard silks (my first use of this thread and good for Tent stitch as it is not divisible) The Border introduced Threadworx Overdyed floss and stranded cotton. 

By working the two central columns (top and bottom) and then the corners it makes fitting in the in-between columns simple and many of the patterns used before are working well.
Scheme I

The Tudor Rose kit is available with or without threads and the Rhino painted canvas and instructions can be ordered thru my email: anna.prearson365@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Needlepoint, your passport to a Magic Carpet

Stitching in Italy

Christmas Traditions